Spring rolls (cabbage packets), inspired by Asian cuisine where instead of wraps, they use lettuce & cabbage leaves as a wrap, this gives a healthier load and an easier to digest product, which combines very well with the robust BBQ grill taste. The different textures and flavors will come together into a whole. You can of course also replace the pulled pork with meat/poultry of your choice, such as pulled chicken or smoked duck breast.
- 400g pulled pork
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- 50 g fried onions
- 1 x pointed cabbage
- 1 x chili cut into rings
- 1 x mango cut into strips
- 1 x cucumber (without seeds) cut into strips
- ½ bunch of mint leaves finely chopped
- BBQ sauce to your liking
- 1 x Aluminum container large
- Knife & cutting board (green)
- Smoke chips
- Heat shield
- Carefully remove the leaves from the pointed cabbage, cut out the hard core and sprinkle it lightly with water.
- Place the pointed cabbage leaves in an aluminum tray and place this in the BBQ at 110 °C indirectly and add the smoke chips, let smoke until the pointed cabbage leaves are flexible (+/- 6 minutes)
- Mix the pulled pork with the cream cheese and finely chopped mint thoroughly.
- Cut the cabbage leaves into the desired size so that they can be rolled up properly and fill with: the prepared pulled pork with cream cheese and mint, mango, cucumber, chili rings and BBQ sauce.
- Carefully roll up the cabbage leaf and decorate with BBQ sauce and fried onions.
Recipes for the barbecue:
Bee Roostr we would like to inspire you all year round with our delicious recipes for the barbecue. Vegetarian, meat or fish, you will impress with these delicious recipes. Find all our BBQ recipes here!