Caramelized carrot from the BBQ, a delicious side dish that almost everyone likes and has its own flavor explosion. Due to the sweet taste , these caramelized carrots are popular with young and old! However, this is a dish that can burn quickly if the BBQ temperature is too hot, so be careful and keep a close eye on the temperature. Always use heat-resistant BBQ gloves because the melted syrup can become very hot. With these caramelized carrots you can put a colorful and delicious side dish on the table!
- 1 bunch of fresh carrots
- 50 ml apple syrup
- 25 ml butter
- 2 branches of fresh mint
- ½ lemon squeezed
- ½ lemon zest (grated peel)
- Cast iron pan
- Heat shield
- Knife / cutting board
- BBQ tongs
- Prepare the BBQ for indirect cooking and heat the BBQ to 160 °C.
- Cut the green parts of the carrots and wash them well under cold water with some detergent. a brush.
- Heat the cast iron pan in the BBQ and melt the syrup and butter, add the juice and zest of the lemon and stir until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Place the washed carrots in the cast iron pan and mix with the prepared syrup.
- Let the BBQ do its work for 30 minutes, and give the carrots an occasional toss so that the syrup gets everywhere and it caramelizes nicely.
- Serve with fresh mint.
Recipes for the barbecue:
At Roostr we like to inspire you all year round with our delicious recipes for the barbecue. For example, combine the caramelized carrots with baked potatoes and a beautiful piece of meat . Vegetarian, meat or fish, you will impress with these honest BBQ recipes .